Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Has anyone tried bare minerals make-up? How is it for acne prone skin?

Bare Minerals (aka Bare Escentuals) is THE ONLY foundation / cover-up I will use on my face. I have very oily skin, and am therefore prone to breakouts, and I am actually able to fall asleep still wearing this make-up and wake up the next day problem-free. The claims they make about the product actually contributing to the health of your skin, in my estimation, are correct. There are no preservatives, talc, etc. that are damaging and comedogenic (pore-clogging). The finished look is very clean, not cakey or artificial. The only negative I can see is that the make-up line is a little pricey ($25 for the foundation, $22 for the application brush on sephora.com), but a little goes a long way, and I find that it lasts me a good long time. If you%26#039;re just starting out with this line, try one of their starter kits. For $60, you get 2 shades of foundation, a Mineral Veil, the Warmth bronzer, 3 different brushes, and some other free stuff. It%26#039;s a great introduction to Bare Minerals, and it%26#039;s the kit that got me hooked. Hope this helps!|||I felt that bare minerals make-up does not cover up much...so what%26#039;s the point?


Shiseido Pureness line is my personal fave for acne prone skin.|||There are other mineral makeups besides BE, too. Google %26quot;mineral makeup.%26quot; BE has a mineral that makes your face shiny. bizmuth oxide or something. Some people don%26#039;t like the shine and prefer the brands that leave out the bizmuth.|||Sephora themselves told me that for Caucasian women Bare minerals was %26quot;da bomb%26quot;, but African American women %26amp; other women of color were returning it in droves. Sephora (San Francisco) said that Bare Minerals makeup %26quot;greys%26quot; on very light complected African American women while brown skinned and darker females get a %26quot;orangey%26quot; color after wearing it. This is true especially if you have oily skin. Maybe its the oil or something. BECCA is an awesome line from Australia for women of color and Caucasian women also. I have the stick foundation, bronzing powder, eye make-up, and check colors and it performs very WELL! BECCA is available @ Sephora also. Superior line! Excellent!

No comments:

Post a Comment