Wednesday, April 28, 2010

What kind of make-up will cover my acne prone skin?

what kind of make-up can i use to cover acne scars and the redness?.. i have moderate acne. i use bare minerals right now but it makes my ance look purple.|||Use Pro Active, make up can%26#039;t cover or hide acne! It makes it worse!|||Whatever you do, don%26#039;t pile on the concealers, the foundations and the powders. That is only going to clog your pores more, giving you more acne, more redness etc.


I%26#039;ve been using Lancome Effacernes concealer. It%26#039;s a waterproof concealer made for under your eyes but it%26#039;s amazing at hiding any redness from previous acne and making your skin look very even. You might also want to try getting a green concealer too as that cancels out redness. When you use concealer DAB it on the spot you are covering and even invest in a tiny concealer brush too and you%26#039;ll see the difference it makes. I would not recommend using foundation because that way it%26#039;s like you are putting a mask of makeup all over your face and your skin won%26#039;t breathe.


I also use Avon%26#039;s ideal shade powder too. I dust a bit over my face when I%26#039;m done with my concealer. It hasn%26#039;t broken me out yet, but I don%26#039;t use it every day either. |||The best make up that I have come across for very good skin coverage is called DermaBlend. I have a scar on my face that I had a terrible time covering up with concealer. I also have a lot of freckles, and couldn%26#039;t find a foundation that would give me good coverage without looking cakey or too orange. Dermablend took care of both of these problems. I got a scar cover, concealer, foundation, and powder, and between those there isn%26#039;t much I can%26#039;t cover up when I need to. I think it would be the same scenario for acne.





I got my supply at JCPennys (who often sends coupons on the products) and at the ULTA store. Hope that helps!|||Whatever you do, do not use that mousee foundation. it made my acne like 10 times worsee!





Right now i use sheer cover and it works really well and my acnes cleared up since ive been using it.


it might be like bare minerals though :/ but the concelear doenst make mine purple.





do you use only the concelear?


i put on concealer then the power foundation then a little more concealer where it got messed up and then i use this all in one base power from the body shop.


sounds like a lot, but a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do ahhaa








good luck!|||you dont want to use makeup if you have acne prone skin. you probably wont want to try my idea like most people and thinks its bs, but i used to have really bad acne around my mouth and nose and forehead. i was getting sick of using all these harsh %26#039;acne%26#039; products and just covering the problem with makeup so i tried something totally different. i washed my face only once a day with mild soap. either use baby shampoo or dove bar soap. i used NOTHING on my face. no moisturizer, no cremes, no makeup....guess what, my face is perfectly clear and i have no had a pimple in almost 2 years. i also switched my birthcontrol which i attribute alot of my success too. those acne washes etc are far too harsh, you need to cleanse with a mild cleanser and keep your pores free of makeup and cremes etc. good luck! P.S. trust me, in time the scars will fade. i find getting a tan helps in the mean time.|||oh i have bare minerals too and it takes like the whole thing to cover a pimple lol and then it does look more obvoius cuz its so dark....but anyways i recoment proactiv, it does help and i use covergirl aquasmooth foundation but i use it as a concealer-it works wonders!!! it take just a dab adn bam the pimples covered and it is amazing at hiding the redness without looking caky. its like 5-10 bucks depending on where you get it and its awesome!! |||Honestly, i don%26#039;t think u should wear any make up at all! When i get break outs i try to layoff my make up as much as possible and when ever your skin feels greasy wash it. Make sure u use a type of acne vanishing soap to wash your face with every morning and night. If u really need makeup, i suggest you buy this cover up called %26quot;clean makeup%26quot;by Cover Girl. It wont clog your pours or give oily skin.|||use covergirl mouse fondation and a i don%26#039;t use a concelar cause it%26#039;ll make you break out more. and when your done with your foundation put regular powder over to make you face look smooth and not red..bare mineral does NOT cover up your acne. it%26#039;ll probably just make it worst.|||first remember that you cant use making up az a drug for your skin!next,think about it!you know mabye you can seem better by make up,but behind it you khow what is!so,wait for some weeks,enjoy being free of those colors %26amp; then,decide!|||Honestly, and this sucks... but the best thing is to not wear make up at all. It only makes it worse. But if you must, maybe go with a light green concealer. (the green makes the red less red).|||i tried physicians formula %26amp; it worked for me! plus, it helped stop my breakouts cus its good for acne prone skin%26amp;sensitive skin. :]|||MAC Studiofix|||Try the stuff that adjusts to your face but i forget what brand|||ummmm bare minerals is realy good %26amp; it wrks 4 me so idk|||a whole lotta

No comments:

Post a Comment