Wednesday, April 28, 2010

What is the best foundation EVER? ( those with dry acne prone skin)?

my skin is dry and flaky...and prone to spots.


so i%26#039;m looking for a foundation that is not heavy(doesn%26#039;t make me break out) but covers fully without making my flaky skin look even more dry!


no problem with money just something that covers the damn spots as best as possible :]|||lancome, the one for dry skin, ive forgot the name of it, my mum n my mate swear by it! i dont use it as i have oily skin, so i use adaptive by lancome, but i swear by that! i luv lancome, i think its great!|||I have gotten the best coverage with kms mineral essentials as it evens out my uneven skin tone. It is not heavy at all. You hardly know you are even wearing it. I have dry skin too so I understand your frustration. As long as I use a moisturizer before putting on my makeup, I am good to go.





Good luck in whatever you choose. :)|||You may want to lay off of the makeup for a while and start a nightly moisturizer to make your skin healthy then look for hypoallergenic makeup that suits your taste|||I have found that Neutrogena Clear Skin foundation works well. It is a liquid foundation that goes on lightly and has acne medicine in it. I have really dry skin, but I have never noticed it making the dryness stand out.|||I have had the best experience with kms minerals. My skin is dry especiallly in the winter but you would never know it. My skin is sensitive and this brand has been the perfect choice for me.|||Try the MAC Studiofix line. It is not heavy, it%26#039;s a blend of powder and foundation, so it goes on light. It has great coverage and hides all imperfections. I love it because I don%26#039;t have to put on a heavy foundation then powder. It%26#039;s all together. It lasts throughout the day and you won%26#039;t break out.|||When it comes to skin care, I would give Clinique my life.


It sounds to me you need a moisturising, oil free foundation.


I myself use Clinique superbalanced foundation.


What%26#039;s more if you buy it at a Cllinique counter you can get colour matched so it fits your skin perfectly. You can almost gaurentee, too, that with it being Clinique you%26#039;ll get a couple free samples too!


Best of luck!|||I have dry/sensitive skin that is very prone to breaking out.





Before anything else, I highly recommend using a very good moisturizer that will penetrate deep into your skin. I prefer using emu oil, since it contains only emu oil...I don%26#039;t get any irritations, the emu oil totally absorbs deep into my skin, the dryness has almost gone away %26amp; best of all, it also helps heal the acne. I get my emu oil from either Lure Beauty or Lumiere Mineral Cosmetics. You should moisturize both morning and night. Emu oil lasts a very long time too...all you need is about 3 little drops %26amp; this you apply after washing your face %26amp; while it%26#039;s still wet.





Secondly, I recommend using a very soft microfiber cloth. Jane Iredale %26amp; Aquis make very good ones. The microfiber cloth will very gently exfoliate your skin, removing dead, flakey and dry skin, as well as dirt, oil and makeup. This is safe enough to use everyday. Stay away from microdermabraision...it%26#039;s too rough and not good for everyday. 1-2 times a month, you can use a %26quot;sugar scrub%26quot; by mixing C%26amp;H sugar %26amp; local raw honey...about 50:50 ratio (the mixture should be thick and slightly grainy) %26amp; use this to gently exfoliate your skin. Honey is a wonderful natural antioxidant %26amp; antibacterial. Once a week you can also use straight local raw honey as a mask. Leave it on for about 20 minutes and then rinse with warm water. It leaves skin very refreshed and radiant. =) For daily washing, use the most gentle cleanser possible. Two of my favorite cleansers are Juice Beauty Cleansing Milk and Camellia Rose Honey Green Tea Shea Soap.





Lastly, I recommend using Mineral Makeup. My favorite brand (out of roughly 30 I%26#039;ve tried) is Lumiere Mineral Cosmetics. They don%26#039;t use any bismuth oxychloride, which is known to be an irritant to many. You won%26#039;t find kaolin caly or other clays in their cosmetics either...this is a bad ingredient for dry skin types to wear longer than in just a mask. Lumiere doesn%26#039;t use high levels of titanium dioxide or zinc oxide either...these have also been found to be drying or cause irritations to some people, when in high amounts. Also, with breakouts, stay away from mineral oil and an ingredient called Octyl Palmitate..these are known to clog pores and irritate acne. I get very dry/irrtated with bismuth oxychloride, kaolin clay or any clays, high amounts of titanium dioxide, preservatives (EDTA, Diazolidinyl Urea %26amp; Urea (female horse urine), Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Methylparaben, Propylparaben), talc, and even zea mays...which are found in almost all traditional cosmetics and in several mineral cosmetic brands. Lumiere doesn%26#039;t use any of these ingredients. =)





The foundations I%26#039;d recommend for your skin type would be...





Flawless -for a matte, but not flat finish %26amp; looks like your skin but better...coverage is a very easy light-medium to buildable heavy. This is very light weight, but coverage is amazing...a lot better than BE. You%26#039;d use 1/3rd the amount of minerals that you would if you were using i.d. Bare Escentials. Flawless does what it%26#039;s named after...it gives a flawless look, helps soften the look of pores and blemishes. This is my everyday choice of foundations.





Luminesse - for a slightly glowy/radiant finish without the %26quot;tin man%26quot; look...coverage is a very easy light to buildable medium. This foundation does an awesome job at softening up the look of pores and fine lines too. This is my choice of foundation when my skin just looks dull. Both foundations, I%26#039;d recommend applying dry with a synthetic kabuki, long handled kabuki or flat top buffer from Lumiere...they are the best brushes for applying foundation.





The other foundation I%26#039;d recommend of Lumiere%26#039;s is Cashmere -applied %26quot;wet%26quot; with a Duo fiber optic brush (replicated after the MAC 187) by spritzing your brush and your palm of hand with a hydrating mist (Juice Beauty is awesome or use an even more natural hydrating mist -Garden of Wisdom is a great place too) and then add a very small amount of Cashmere (about a pinch) and blend with brush...texture should be very thin, then apply to face - this will create a very soft, airbrushed finish...coverage is like that you%26#039;d get from a heavy foundation, but it%26#039;s actually quite thin, very light and looks very natural. This is my choice for %26quot;bad skin days%26quot;...totally softens everything up!





For days when you need a concealer, Lumiere%26#039;s Healing Concealer is the best! It helps heal blemishes naturally as it covers them.





When you need a little extra help, or want things smoothed out even more, I highly recommend liquid primer by both Lumiere %26amp; Camellia Rose. They are the best %26amp; will fill in pores beautifully, without drying out your skin! *if you are sensitive to silicones, you will want to avoid these products.





I think you%26#039;d be very pleased with Lumiere. Everything they carry is top notch. The only items I don%26#039;t find to be the best of the best are the few natural hair cosmetic brushes they carry. Everything else is awesome.





For a finishing powder/veil, I%26#039;d recommend Veena Silk Veil. It%26#039;s awesome! I generally hate finishing powders and veils, but the VSV is superb, doesn%26#039;t feel heavy at all and most importantly it doesn%26#039;t dry my skin out. Their Perlfecting Powder is also quite nice...it softens the finished look...helping soften up pores and fine lines. All of the All Over Colors, Blush, Radiances and Bronzers are very nice. The eyeshadows are almost overwhelming...sooo many to choose from! Gorgeous!





Whatever products you choose, natural is the best way to go. Good luck! =D|||Haha, I actually meant to answer your question when I ended up answering someone%26#039;s bare minerals question instead...oh well. Here was my answer to their question.





Right now I use ERA%26#039;s spray on foundation. I don%26#039;t have dry skin as much anymore, but being that it%26#039;s winter...my face is dry, but this foundation is perfect for dry, acne prone skin.





I%26#039;ve been using it for a few months now. But it covers EVERYTHING (without the need of conealer)...feels nice on the face, and doesn%26#039;t make my skin look dry at all (just nice, and dewy). On top of all that let me show you one of the benefits they have listed on their website:


ERA庐 FACE not only looks good on the skin, but IS good for the skin. Its unique formulation provides vital moisture without clogging pores. Botanicals, Aloe Vera and Chamomile soothe and promote healing by allowing skin to breathe. Antioxidant Vitamins C %26amp; E nourish and fortify skin.





If you do order this, they recommend spraying it onto your face (like airbrushing) but I recommend spraying it onto a make up sponge (you still get airbrushed looking results) and %26quot;stipple%26quot; it onto your skin. You can make it as sheer or as opaque as you%26#039;d like.





It is $55.00, though. But I think it%26#039;s worth it. It lasts a lonnng time.





I don%26#039;t recommend using MAC%26#039;s foundation, though. It%26#039;s made ALOT of people break out, and it isn%26#039;t good for your skin.|||physicians formula mineral wear. its made for acne prone skin but i would use the liquid since you have dry skin.|||hands down smashbox primer and foundation work like magic

No comments:

Post a Comment