Wednesday, April 28, 2010

What is the best foundation to use for fair skinned people with acne prone skin?

Hands down, bare minerals. Ever see those infomercials? they can be addicting. I actually asked my dermetologist what is best because I want to wear make up but rarely do becuase it just makes me break out! She suggested bare minerals, and I got it for my birthday. Yes, it is expensive (25-30 for a thing of foundation) BUT well worth it. It actually HELPS my acne. I have struggled with acne since I was 10, and I am now 21. I even suggested it to my mom and she loves it. No matter what skin tone, they have something for you. Plus, they all have SPF in it, another great thing for ski. I would become their spokesperson in a second. I got so many compliments on my skin, and honestly had more guys asking me out. It boosted my self-esteem and confidence.|||Laura Mercier makes a great oil free foundation and they have nice colours for fair complexions. I use Blush Ivory. I have VERY fair skin %26amp; it doesn%26#039;t make me look pink or yellow like alot of other brands. Go to the Laura Mercier counter near you or check out there website.


%26gt; I%26#039;m gonna assume you have oily or combo skin, even if you don%26#039;t it is best to choose an oil free foundation if you have acne prone skin!|||use mineral makeup, but make sure it does NOT CONTAIN BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE! (*cough* Bare Minerals *cough*)








Stick with the companies that HONESTLY use all natural ingredients. I%26#039;ve found 3 mineral makeup lines that are natural and do not contain bismuth (like in Bare Minerals that you see all over TV) or talc (like in drugstore makeup).





1) Everyday Minerals www.everydayminerals.com (*I USE THIS...I have tried the others but this is by far my favorite. I have acne prone skin and mostly oily and this stuff works really well with my face.)





2) L.A. Minerals (I didn%26#039;t really care for this, but it%26#039;s still good. I found the variety is much better with Everyday Minerals)





3) Signature Minerals








DO YOUR RESEARCH.... and even do a search on yahoo answers for %26quot;everyday minerals%26quot; and read what comes up. I honestly don%26#039;t think you would be disappointed.|||Use a mineral foundation, there are lots out there now, they are actually good for your skin. They look very natual as well.|||I use kms mineral essentials. It is an all natural mineral makeup line. My daughter had an issue with bare minerals causing breakouts so we switched. We love that we get the same performance as bare minerals and their customer service department goes above and beyond to help you find the right shade.





You can find them on the web at kmsmineralessentials dot com, and I believe they sell some of their kits on ebay as well.


Good luck to you.|||bare Minerals|||I.D. Bare Minerals, or any other Mineral foundation. Their cosmetics are made from natural minerals that wont affect your skin. I had bad acne when I was younger and I tried all different kinds of foundation, I actually saw this product first on QVC and then it got more popular and they started selling it in stores, I buy mine at Ulta. Mineral foundations are the %26quot;new thing%26quot; now, but they have been around for a while, L%26#039;oreal even makes a cheap mineral foundation, I tried it because the ID Bare Mineral foundation costs $25 and the L%26#039;oreal one only costs $12 but the foundation didnt last through half the day, my Bare Mineral one lasts all day and night..there are two other companies that have them out also, I think the other company is called Sheer Cover or something, they have infomercials on sometimes......bottom line is the Bare Mineral foundation is awesome and wont make you breakout or clog your pores, makes your skin look great and it doesnt feel like you have anything on your face so its worth the money, the cheaper foundations do the same thing but you might have to reapply later in the day. Check out the links below, hope this helps!





P.S.- if you do buy one of the mineral foundations, you dont need to buy all the other %26#039;primer%26#039; stuff to go with it, (its just more money outta your pocket) I just buy the foundation and when I first started I bought one of there foundation brushes. Its worth buying the brush even though they are a lil expensive, its a finer, very soft brush that works a lot better putting on mineral foundation than the ones you can buy at the store.|||Picking the perfect foundation for your skin can be daunting. Here%26#039;s how to go about it while shopping in a department store. Remember, you always want to test before you buy. This is why it%26#039;s best to get your foundations from department stores rather than from the makeup aisle at your local pharmacy or grocery store.


Difficulty: Average


Time Required: 10 minutes


Here%26#039;s How:





1. Consider your skin type. Before you pick the right shade, you need to find out the right formulation for your skin. Are you oily? Dry? Combination?


2. Pick the right formula. If you%26#039;re oily, look for words like %26#039;oil-free%26#039; or %26#039;oil-control%26#039; on the bottle. Got dry skin? Go for moisturizing foundations with %26#039;hydrating%26#039; or %26#039;moisture-rich%26#039; wording on the bottle. For combo skin, determine if you%26#039;re more oily or dry and go from there. Cream-to-powder bases work great for combo skin.


3. Show up to the makeup counter with a clean, fresh face. It%26#039;s OK to wear eye makeup or lipstick, even moisturizer on your face, but you don%26#039;t want to show up already wearing foundation.


4. Select a few colors that seem close to your natural skin tone. Go for the yellow-based foundations, which look most natural on all skin tones. However, if you%26#039;re very fair, try a pink, cooler shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment