Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Good moisturizer for teenage acne prone skin?

Hey! I recently started using the Neutrogena Wave and found that my skin gets very dry soon afterwards. My friends advised me to get a moisturizer but the thing is, I don%26#039;t know which one to get .. My skin is very acne prone on the forehead but no where else on my face. What moisturizer (found in drugstores; ie. Wal-Mart, Target ..) will work best on my skin type? Oily and acne prone on the forehead and sensitive on cheeks.|||This is what I do to take care of my face, and I find that I don%26#039;t need a moisturizer at all. Moisturizers are often oily and can make break outs worse!!





Try cleaning your face with plain old hydrogen peroxide and a clean cotton ball. I tried the expensive acne cures and they didn%26#039;t work for me at all. I tried some hydrogen peroxide one day and have been using it ever since - my face looks so much better and brighter. Plus it%26#039;s like 50 cents a bottle, you can%26#039;t beat that!!





In the shower I wash my face with a medicated apricot scrub - Wal-mart sells a great one (Equate brand) for like $3. It helps to clear up the acne and it makes your face so soft (it is an exfoliator)!! Between the peroxide and the acne scrub, my skin has drastically cleared up. And like I said, I%26#039;ve tried the more expensive regimines - ProActive, Murad, AcneFree, etc.|||Use cetaphil.


It is a water-base and it%26#039;s the best for your face.


It%26#039;s most recommended by dermatologist.


Anything that is water-based is the best to use.


Stuff like Clearasil, oxy, neutrogena isn%26#039;t good for you skin. It may work but it%26#039;s still not good.


I use cetaphil. I use the cetaphil moisturizer or the cetaphil barrier cream therapy for chronic dry skin. It helped got rid of my dry skin over the night.|||im 14 and i use either clean and clear oil control lotion(its in a white bottle with green) OR clean and clear moisturizer lotion with spf 15(white bottle with orange).





i use the green once everyday unless its sunny and i dont want a sunburn so then i use the orange one.





there cheap and work great. you can buy them at target, walmart, or drugstores like CVS or Walgreens.|||I just use toothpaste. Works for me.|||Pro-active|||Cucumber - mashed or in juice form - can be applied to sensitive skin; unlike many other acne home remedies it doesn%26#039;t dry your skin, on the contrary, it acts like a very gentle cleanser and moisturizer. Log on to http://tipsfromruby-acne.blogspot.com/ for a few home made tips to heal acne

No comments:

Post a Comment