Wednesday, December 30, 2009

What are some good products for dry acne-prone skin?

I have acne prone skin, but every time I go to buy something, people try to sell me something for oily skin, and because my skin is dry, it gets dried out more, so then it turns into a flaky mess. I tried Proactiv... it dried me out. If you want to recommend something, please also use the name of the actual cleanser. Thanks soooo much|||It is important to keep spot-prone areas clean, so wash the affected area twice a day with a perfume-free cleanser. Do bear in mind that the skin needs a certain amount of oil to maintain its natural condition. Therefore, avoid washing your face many times, that too, with a strong soap. I would recommend Cetaphil and Neutrogena face washes as they are mild and good for cleaning acne-affected skin.


Tea tree oil is considered to be a good anti-acne agent. Sandalwood paste and Fuller鈥檚 earth (multani mitti) are also used by some to dry out the excessive oil. Article on how to get rid of pimples with home remedies. http://www.squidoo.com/acnepimples|||I%26#039;ve struggled with this same problem for most of my life. I have what is called combination skin, so I would break out because of the oil, but I would also have dry patches too. I also tried pretty much everything and nothing seemed to work. Recently I decided that since none of the %26#039;special%26#039; acne products were working anyway, that I would just get a regular gentle non-expensive cleanser. I purchased Dove Foaming Facial Cleanser and it has been one of the best (and cheapest) products I%26#039;ve tried. I have very little acne and the dry patches have disappeared. I would also suggest drinking lots of water - it helps in keeping the skin hydrated. I hope this works for you or you are able to find a product that is best for your skin.|||I have the same skin type as you. I use proactiv but I don%26#039;t use all the steps, I just use the lotion and sometimes the refining mask. The cleanser and the toner are really the products that dry your skin out.


Also neutrogena pink grapefruit cleanser is a good product to use


And for moisturizers you should use neiva body lotion


hope I helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment