Wednesday, December 30, 2009

What's the best full-coverage Foundation for acne-prone skin?

I have combo/ acne prone skin. When my face breaks out I want to stick my head in a paper sack, but the next best thing is make up. I have tried Prescriptives Virtual Matte and like it. I also tried a sample of MAC Studio fx, but nowhere does it say %26quot;noncomedogenic%26quot;, and this worries me. I want my make-up to cover up my blemishy face, and not appear %26quot;cakey%26quot; at the end of the day. What will give my unperfect, acne blemished face a flawless appearance?|||bare escentuals is the best. I had horrible acne and couldn%26#039;t find the right make up 2 cover my acne scars. I well never ever go back to any other make up line. Theirs is the best. There lipsticks and glosses even cured my severe chapped lips.|||Lancome has the best powder and foundation. They are light and do not cake. It covers really well. Its also hypo allergenic and doesnt clog your pores. Hope everything works out for ya!|||best thing is no make up at all for a few days til u clear up


i had the same problem in HS so i stopped wearing make up for a few days.


run a face cloth under hot water at night... steaming hot though...


ring it out and blot your face...


wash in the shower but never dry your face... let it drip dry... then do the wash cloth thing


it opens your pores and cleanses them


best thing for acne...


dont use foundation... worst thing for you..


use a concealer to cover blemishes... then use a small amount of powder ...


best is to not use anything....|||Try a lighter option such as tinted moisturiser or the new Maybelline oil-free.|||I have been using Bare Minerals by Bare Escentuals. If you get the starter kit it comes with everything you need. I use the concealer brush dipped into the foundation first to cover areas I need a little extra and then swirl more all over to even out my skin. My acne actually cleared up. It%26#039;s nice to feel like your skin is breathing all day. I would recommend going to a store that carries it to have them demonstrate it on your skin. If you%26#039;re close to a Sephora store, stop on in they%26#039;re great there!|||First of all stop trying to look flawless. You are not a mannequin. Your skin will never be flawless. Right now you just want to conceal. Try any foundation that is oil-free and hypo-allergenic. Also liquid foundation seems to provide the best finish.


Conceal blemishes with a concealer stick and smudge on liquid foundation. Remember to properly cleanse your skin first, tone and moisturize. Apply acne medication then concealer, then foundation.


The most important tip I can give you is to not touch your face with your hands during the day. You touch all types of things during the day. When you touch your face you are putting nasty bacterias onto your acne prone skin. After you eat wash your hands, after you touch something wash your hands. Carry some hand sanitizer in your purse.


At night use those make up remover cloths to remove all your make up. Then cleanse your skin with an acne cleanser never soap. Apply toner, then apply an oil free moisturizer.


Do not forget the acne medication. Benzyol Peroxide works best. If you are allergic or have sensitive skin, like me, try salicylic acid.


Most important...DO NOT PICK YOUR ACNE. BACTERIA...BACTERIA!


Drink lots of water and exercise or do some type of sweating activity. It is good for you skin.


I hope these suggestions help!!!!!!!!!!








GOOD LUCK!|||use bare minerals its is nothing but natural minerals and it covers alll thing including acne but wont make it worse. im a girl by the way:)|||I would also suggest Bare Minerals. No irritants, or preservatives, and the minerals are completely natural and don%26#039;t support bacteria. I was skeptical, thinking it was a powder so it%26#039;s bound to look cakey. But trust me, the mica ingredient makes it really creamy when you buff it on. You%26#039;ll feel like you%26#039;re not wearing makeup! Your skin will breathe and you%26#039;ll feel better about the coverage you%26#039;re getting while your skin is healing underneath.|||Hi,


I found the bare essentials did not cover the dark acne marks left.


I have oily skin too and it%26#039;s some more acne prone. More than acne, it%26#039;s the scarring left behind that I try to cover.


One foundation that works incredibly is CoverFx . it%26#039;s a compact foundation. With this, I dont have to use a concelear. Just the foundation covers well and it didn%26#039;t cause a breakout.





I actually broke out when i tried prescriptives.


Shiseido has also worked well for me, but my colors keep getting discontinued. I found my perfect tone in Cover Fx since it comes in 40 shades.|||I know it might be uncomfortable for you but the best thing to do while waiting for a breakout to clear up is to wear no makeup at all =/. Makeup can only aggravate the skin even more and create more pimples by clogging up the pores. If you find it absolutley neccessary to cover up however, I suggest Bare Minerals. It shouldn%26#039;t cause any more breakouts. The only trick with applying that makeup is that less really is more. Learn how to properly apply it and you should love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment